When i first start baking, New york Cheese cake was my first choice…now i’m wondering why i chose this cake when at that time i know nothing about cake..not even a little…with only a magazine recipe as guide i bake this cake and guess what? They love it and asking for the recipe. Today i will share my new york cheese cake with blueberry swirl on top…and i am not sure if it still called NEW YORK CHEESE CAKE cos i have added blueberry on it..hehehe
This cake , very dangerous for someone who is on diet but who care right? when it come to this cake everything is possible.. ok..back to the recipe, make sure you read everything carefully before making this…you dont want to waste all the ingredient right? In this recipe you will need 1 kg of cream cheese and It quite expensive though. So please read before you start. I am not saying that i am an expert but it based on my own experiance. Start when you are ready and fully understand what you are going to do. I’ve been throungh an experience when i was mean to making banana cake and in the middle of the process i forgot to put my mashed banana …and the bad thing is i didnt realize until i already put my batter into the steamer for a couple of minute.
Please choose a good quality cream cheese such philadelpia cream cheese . I have been use other brand like xxxxx sorry cant mention the brand here..and it quite salty . Of course there is still a lot more good quality brand of cream cheese out there but please choose the one that you familiar with.
2nd, sour cream…it so difficult to find it at my place , i’m not sure in your place but if you can’t find it dont worry…there are substitution for it. You can substitute with greek style yogurt..what if you cant find this too? Well you can use plain yogurt but make sure to drain the access of water on it…what if no yogurt ? Well 1 thing i can advice here is just forget about it..you can say goodbye to new york cheese cake and try another recipe…
3rd , if you using springform pan try not to use foil to cover the bottom with proposed to prevent the water from seep inside the cake..it doesn’t work trust me..the water will still able to seep inside..i’m not sure if i should blame the foil or my self.. but i’m certainly sure that i’m doing it right just it still leaking somehow…here i would like to suggest you to used another baking pan that bigger than your springform pan…you gonna put your springform pan inside and this is the safety way to prevent the water from seep inside..
4th the temperature, all i can say is know your oven…this cake need a moderate temperature which is not to hot nor to cold…too hot temperature will make your cake crack and burn on the top very quick, and when it too cold you will need an extra hour to bake the cake.Also after baking and turn off your oven please dont take your cake out right away…let it sit there for another half hour …drastic change of tempareture will make the top of your cake crack too..
Last but not least, how to know your cake is done? Well when the side of the cake is firm you know you are done..don’t worry if you see the middle is still jiggling when you gently shaking the baking pan because that how it supposed to be. The middle of the cake will be firm as it cool down.. And…the most important thing cake is more delicious after overnight…i know waiting mean suffering but it worthy to wait…rainbow after rain…something like that but i’m not good on this…
NEW YORK STYLE CHEESE CAKE WITH BLUEBERRY SWIRL ON TOP
Make one 9′ round baking pan
1 packet digestive buscuit ( 400 g reduce to 300 g )
110 g melted butter
1 kg cream cheese philadelpia
1 1/4 cup castor sugar
300 g sour cream…( yogurt greek style)
4 eggs large ( 60 -65 g )
3/4 of blueberry pie filling
1. Pre heat your oven to 150’c. Measure all ingredient as stated.
2. Blend your biscuit with a food processor or you can use a rolling pin …or you can use your bare hand just imagine you smashing someone that you hate soo much…hehehe …add in your melted butter mix until all crushed biscuit is covered by the butter…it should look like a sand.. pour to your baking pan and press to the side until reach the height that you want to and then press the bottom.set aside .
3. Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature..soft but not melted…room temperature cream cheese will give you a smooth batter. Add in sugar several time and scrape the bottom of your mixing bowl each time to make sure no lump and the batter is well combine.
4. Add in egg one at the time and don’t over mix . It’s enough when the eggs is well combined after each addition. Add sour cream and lemon zest. Mix around 30 second and stop. Pour the batter into your springform pan.
5. Tap gently your baking pan to realese any bubble that trap on the batter. Put 2/3 of blueberry pai filling on top of cream cheese batter and draw a swirl using bamboo stick.
6. Pour hot water into your baking tray and put inside your baking pan. Bake for 1 and half hour . When done turn off your oven and put a wooden spoon in between of your oven door let your cheese cake sit inside your oven for another half an hour…
7. After half an hour transfer your cheese cake to refrigerator. Let it there for overnight..trust me it will make a huge difference when you have your cheese cake the next day…
Baking With Kelly