My last post is Manggo Pudding and today recipe is something that related with manggo too….emmm…since it was a manggo season why not take this advantage to buy a cheap manggo …am i right?…hehehe…
Today recipe is No Bake Manggo Cheese Cake…i know you all love it…so do i and my family….it is soo easy to make…And to be honest this is not my first trial but my second attempt. I am very satisfy with the result and i am not going to try another recipe cos’ i already found what i looking for. I’ve got a few tester and one of it my sister in law who is running a cake house. She compared my no bake manggo cheese cake with other no bake manggo cheese cake that bought from bakery by my other sister in law and they choose mine…yay…i win lol…
The taste is just right with the balance of manggo and cheese…it smooth but not a jelly like, it melt in your mouth. What i mean here is the gelatine is just right too…hard to explain how it taste here but i am pretty sure that you will not looking for another recipe after you tried this..
NO BAKE MANGGO CHEESE CAKE
Make one 6′ round baking pan & one 6′ love shape baking pan
200 g digestive biscuit
100 g melted butter
300 g manggo puree
60 g castor sugar
282 g cream cheese
1 tbsp lemon juice
90 g yogurt manggo and peach
186 uht whipping cream (whipped)
250 g manggo cube ( more if you like)
16 g gelatine powder
Manggo mirror glaze
200 g manggo puree
100 ml water
60 g castor sugar
1 tbsp gelatine ( add 2 tbsp water)
1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Measure ingredient as detailed. Line bottom of baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
To make crust:
1. Finely crush digestive biscuit using rolling pin or food processor and in same time melt butter over double boiler.
2. Mix melted butter into crushed biscuit. Mix till well combined. Press biscuit mixture gently to lined baking pan evenly. Refrigerate until ready to use. You can make this a day advanced.
To make filling
1. Add gelatine to 2 tbsp water and let it bloom before put it over double boiler. In mean time heat manggo puree just until warm and dont let it to a boil. When done mix manggo puree and gelatine. Stir until it well combined. Set aside.
2. In a food processor put in room temperature cream cheese and blend it until soft. Then add sugar,yogurt and lemon juice. Blend it until well combined. Take it out from food processor. Add in manggo puree and stir until well combine. Strain to get a smooth batter and to get ride any giant lump of cream cheese.
3. Using a hand mixer, whisk whipping cream until it reach soft peak or until it firm but don’t over whisk. Stop whisking when it no longer slide to other side when you shake the bowl.
4. When done add manggo cheese mixture into whipped whipping cream and mix gently using spatula. Mix until the colour is even and no more whipped cream seen.
5. Take out your refrigerated biscuit base and arrange some manggo cube on top before pouring half cream cheese mixture.Shake gently and add second layer of manggo cube before pouring the rest of cream cheese mixture. When done shake gently your baking pan once again to removed any traped air inside your cream cheese mixture so that you will not end up with a lot of unwanted hole inside of your cake. Refrigerate for 1 hour and you don’t have to cover the top because sometimes it have a tendacy to produce water vapour s and will spoil the top.
To make manggo mirror glaze
1. Add 2 tbsp water into gelatine powder and let it bloom for 5 min. Then put it over double boiler and let it melt completely.
2. In mean time, put your manggo puree into sauce pot. Add in water, sugar and lemon juice. Stir constantly just until warm. Turn off heat and add in gelatine. Stir until well combine. Strain your manggo mirror glaze.
1. Take out your chilled manggo cheese cake for last touch up. Hehehe….Pour your manggo mirror glaze on top of your chilled cheese cake until the top is covered. The recipe is enough for one 6′ round baking pan and one 6′ love shape baking pan.
2. Refrigerate again atleast 6 to 7 hour before serving.
1. To remove the cake from baking pan use hot kitchen towel and wrap around your baking pan for 30 second. Removed slowly.
2. Strain your manggo mirror glaze to get a smooth finish.
3. No need to cover the top while chilling in refrigerator or you will end up like mine. Supposed to be perfect but spoiled with plastic wrap.
4. Don’t use more gelatine than what i mentioned in this recipe cos it just right. You can reduce it but i can’t gurantee the texture. Better just stick with this recipe.
5. Don’t used more melted butter for the crust or it will became hard.
Baking With Kelly